Judges will consider three things:
- The work must be a highly original and inspiring idea.
- It must be exceptionally well executed.
- It must be relevant to its context.
Judges must abstain from voting if they have worked on an entry, or if the entry is from that judge’s agency/studio.
PROFESSIONAL CATEGORY AWARDS
Gold, Silver, Bronze awards may be across each category. Shortlisted entries will be given certificates.
BEST IN SHOW AWARDS
The Best in Show winners will be selected among the Gold category winners, regardless of format.
The Best in Show winners will be selected among the Gold category winners, regardless of format. Best in Show awards will be given to the following:
- Best in Show, Design for Purpose
- Best in Show, Design for Good
OPEN CATEGORY AWARDS
Three (3) awards will be given to the top entries. Gold, Silver and Bronze, in both Professional and Student divisions.
- Best in Design, Open Category, Professional Division
- Best in Design, Open Category, Student Division
LUCILLE TANAZES DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARD
In 2014, we introduced the Lucille Tenazas Design Excellence Award, named after New York-based Lucille Tenazas, the Philippines’ most decorated practitioner in the field of design. The winner is selected by the judges from among the Gold winners under the Professional and Open Categories.
- The adobo Design Awards Asia is open to all parties involved in the use of design for advertising purposes, such as design agencies, advertising agencies, advertisers, students, enthusiasts, etc.
- For the Professional Category, entries submitted must have been commissioned by a client, or published and produced for advertising and promotional purposes or released for public consumption (such as editorial designs). No prototypes!
- For the Open Category, designs must be unique, original and never been published, distributed commercially or released in any form.Work should not have been entered in any design competition/awards show and specifically follows the brief given by the adobo Design Awards Asia. By submitting an entry, the entrant acknowledges that he/she is the owner of the work and that he/she owns all intellectual property rights over the same
- By submitting an entry, the entrant expressly agrees and undertakes to save adobo magazine or any of its officers, employees and agents, free and harmless and/or properly indemnified in respect of any and all fees, royalties, and/or damages caused by entrant’s infringement of any copyright trademark, patent and all other intellectual property rights of any third person or party.
- The entrant shall bear the costs for the fees and services required for the creation, delivery and submission of his work.
- The Organizers reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse entries, which offend national or religious sentiments or public taste.
- Any entry which, up to and including the final day of judging, has infringed upon any voluntary regulatory codes of practice or has infringed upon any intellectual property rights of any third person or party, is not eligible.It shall be the entrant’s responsibility to inform the Organizers of any infringement issues that have arisen prior to the judging and awards ceremony.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant acknowledges the right of adobo magazine to use it for exhibition and publication.
- By submitting an entry for the Open Category, the entrant acknowledges the right of the Organizer (adobo magazine) to use of the entry for publicity, marketing, creative or advertising purposes without additional cost to the Organizer.
- All winning entries may be used by the Organizer (adobo magazine) and its assigned category sponsor for marketing, creative or advertising purposes, without any additional compensation to the entrant.*Note: Under the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines, the copyright of a work is protected by the sole fact of their creation, irrespective of their mode or form of expression, as well as of their content, quality and purpose (Section 172.2, Chapter II, Part IV).
FOR THE OPEN THEME
Submission of any entry gives the contest organizer (adobo magazine) and its assigned category sponsor the exclusive rights for any marketing, creative or advertising, free use of the art materials.
All winning entries may be used by the contest organizer (adobo magazine) and its assigned category sponsor for marketing, creative, or advertising purposes.
NO LIMIT TO ENTRIES
There is no limit to how many entries each contestant can submit per category. The corresponding entry fee applies for each submission e.g. the same work may be entered as a Poster and as an Illustration, this can qualify as the work for a Category Award in both formats, provided the work was entered individually under each format, with the corresponding entry fees paid.
Similarly, one campaign may be entered for 2 different purposes (Design for a Purpose or Design for Good) and can qualify the work for both Best in Show Awards, provided the work was entered individually for each purpose, with the corresponding entry fees paid.
Regular Rate – PHP 5,500 per entry
International Rate – US$ 140 per entry
Student Rate – FREE
Regular Rate – PHP 1,000 per entry
International Rate – US$ 140 per entry
Rates are subject to 12% VAT.
For campaign entries, a maximum of two boards will be accepted per entry without additional entry fee. Additional boards will be subject to the corresponding entry fee.
PREPARATION OF ENTRIES
Submit poster or proof, no larger than 18 x 24 inches. It must be mounted on a black illustration board or foam board, with a 3-inch border. It should be accompanied by its JPG File with a resolution of 1024 (H) x 768 (V) on CD – ROM.
Entry Form B must be attached with a resolution for identification.
Motion Graphic Entries
Motion Graphic entries may be submitted in the following formats: Macintosh or PC-based CD-ROMs or DVD-ROMs. Include 10 seconds of black, no slates or bars. Computer-based formats such as Quicktime or Flash should have maximum screen of 1024 x 768.
Entry Form B must be attached to the entry for identification.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
All prepared entries must be accompanied by the corresponding completed Entry Forms and payment (cash, bank deposit slip or cheque) and delivered on or before 10 March 2018 to:
Unit 203, Bldg. 1, OPVI Center
2295 Pasong Tamo Extension
Makati City 1231